Crispy fishsticks with tartar sauce
- 300 grams of plaice (fillet)
- 100 grams of flour
- 100 grams of egg whites, beaten
- 200 grams of Panko
- 1 lime, grinds
- 200 grams of mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons of chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons of flat parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of chives
- 1 tablespoon of tarragon
- 1,5 tablespoon of capers
- pinch of cayenne
- 1 egg, hard-boiled and crushed
- 1 tablespoon of water from the capers
Mix all ingredients into a tartar sauce and set aside in the fridge:
Cut the fish in equal strips (the size of big fries) and season with salt and pepper. Turn the strips of fish around in the flour, next into the egg whites and lastly through the panko.
Fry the strips until they are golden brown at 180 degrees Celsius and dab them dry.
Serve in a nice dish and finish off with grinds of a lime, lime juice (3-4 drops) and some fleur de sel. Serve the tartar sauce on the side.